Find out about our latest vacancies and how to apply below.
We’re currently on the lookout for drivers – discover what it’s like to be a bus driver in this video.
What's it like to drive a bus?
If you're not familiar with the area, you can find out more about living and working in Plymouth here.
Bus drivers required
We are looking for enthusiastic, customer-oriented people to join our team here at Plymouth Citybus.
In uncertain times we can offer stability and job security in Plymouth.
You can be part of the team delivering exceptional public transport across the city, at a time where the face of public transport is changing within the UK for the better. Here at Plymouth Citybus, you can be a team member at that forefront:
- Minimum 40 hour week contract
- £12.25 per hour
- Sick pay at 80% from the first day of sickness
- Security of a permanent contract
- Join an Investors in People Platinum company
- Work for the National Bus Operator of the Year
- Join from 19 years old (if you've held a driving licence for at least at year)
- Free training
- Earn while you learn
- Free bus travel for you and one nominated person
- Free bus travel for any dependants under 19 years old.
- Variety of shift patterns
- Fair opportunity for progression
Plymouth Citybus is the largest bus operator in the city, providing a comprehensive network of bus services in Plymouth and surrounding areas. Formed in 1986 and now part of the Go-Ahead group, Citybus is at the heart of the community. It is a patron of Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce and an influential member of multiple organisations that make a difference to life in Plymouth.
Plymouth Citybus sits under the Go South West umbrella, who are the largest bus operator in the region, also running Go Cornwall Bus.
Early last year, Go South West gained Investors in People, Platinum accreditation, an achievement that only 2% of businesses achieve. We also have recently won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, the highest honour which can be bestowed upon a company and of which we are extremely proud about. Go South West employs around 850 staff, with a bus fleet of over 300, carrying 20 million passengers each year.
Contact Sophie on firstname.lastname@example.org